Let’s each do our part to keep this community healthy.
Check this page for updates about health and safety requirements. These requirements may change without notice.
The Community of Writers is delighted to be meeting in person again. We are committed to protecting the health of our participants, teaching staff, employees, and visitors. This summer, we will follow the established protocols from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) and ask that you do the same. CW will continue to assess the evolving public health guidance regarding large gatherings and adapt accordingly. These guidelines are subject to US government and local rules and regulations.
We encourage every individual to make informed decisions about attending our events in the best interest of their own health as well as the health of others. Because attending requires some contact with others, if applicants cannot or choose not to follow the on-site health and safety requirements, we cannot consider your application. We may be offering some concurrent events online or in hybrid form to which you would be welcome, but attendees to the physical conference in Olympic Valley must adhere to our requirements.
Also, in accordance with state and local guidelines, face masks may be required for entry. (See below).
WHAT DOES THE COMMUNITY OF WRITERS REQUIRE TO ATTEND?
Participants must prove they are vaccinated, boosted and have had a negative PCR test within 72 hours of attending.
WHAT DOES THE COMMUNITY OF WRITERS REQUIRE FOR PROOF OF VACCINATION?
To apply to the Community of Writers onsite workshops, please indicate your vaccination status. The Community of Writers will only consider applications from writers who have been fully vaccinated.
When it comes time to register (if you are invited) please provide a scan or image of your original vaccine card and upload it with your registration form. When you arrive at the workshop for registration, please bring a photo ID and one of the following as proof of vaccination with you to the venue:
- Your physical vaccination card
- A scan or image of your physical vaccination card (printed or displayed on your mobile device)
- A digital copy of your immunization records from a state health department-approved site
Your vaccination document must show:
- Your name and date of birth
- Which vaccine you received
- Date or dates you received your shot/s
Trained staff will review your proof of vaccination when you apply, and later upon arrival in Olympic Valley.
A negative COVID-19 PCR test must be taken within 72 hours of traveling to Olympic Valley.
A temperature check may be done each day during the conference.
WHAT ARE THE NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST REQUIREMENTS?
Participants must provide an electronic, photo, or paper copy of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result before traveling to the workshops. Please note that test result documentation must be directly from the healthcare provider that performed the test with an appropriate ID matching the name on the COVID-19 test result. Test must have been taken within 72 hours before the conference starts.
All attendees must show proof of vaccination and a negative test result at registration.
WHAT ARE THE MASK REQUIREMENTS?
In accordance with state and local guidelines, face masks may be required in all indoor public settings and in most public outdoor settings where physical distancing is not possible. We will keep our attendees notified of any changes. Face masks may be required regardless of vaccination status. Check here for an update 2 weeks before the workshop.
If, in July 2022 the CDC requires indoor masks, we will require it as well.
- All CW teaching staff and admin working on site will have been fully vaccinated.
- All participants, when applying online, should confirm that they are vaccinated.
- All participants will be asked to show proof of full vaccination (vaccination card or photo of vaccination card and photo ID) when they come to registration, as well as proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within the previous 72 hours.
- All staff and participants in the building may be required to wear a mask at all times. Masks must be worn so that they fully cover your nose and chin.
- Please stay home if you are experiencing symptoms or have a positive COVID test. To receive a refund for housing, participants must show proof of positive test between 100 and 48 hours before the workshops.
While the Community of Writers is taking precautions and enforcing safety measures, we cannot guarantee zero risk; a risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public setting. By entering the venue, and CW arranged housing, participants, staff, and attendees accept the risk of exposure and knowingly waive and release the Community of Writers from any liability related to COVID-19.
Please note that dates, programming, artistic, ticket policies, donor benefits, and COVID-19 safety protocols and requirements are subject to ongoing change or cancelation. Please contact our office via email at email@example.com.
- We will reassess this policy on an ongoing basis. We reserve the right to change, adopt and enforce safety measures as needed.
- Failure to comply with safety procedures outlined by management may result in your removal from Community of Writers events, housing, venue, and activities.