Please review these details before applying
- Past Writers Workshop participants:
—Fiction Participants: If you attended the last two years do not apply this year. (i.e. attendance is allowed 2 out of every 3 years.)
—Nonfiction Participants: If you attended last year please do not apply this year. (i.e. attendance is allowed after you have taken 2 years off.)
- Deadline for receipt of application/submission: before midnight, March 28, 2019 PST.
- Applicants, including past participants, should submit a sample of their best, unpublished prose.
- Writing sample submission ms. may consist of a story (or stories), essay(s) or chapter(s). Book chapters must include a one-page synopsis of the whole book. (Add to the end of ms.)
- If you have previously applied to our workshop, please do not apply or bring for consideration the exact same material. You may use previously submitted material that has been revised.
- Please do not submit previously published material (print or online). However, it is acceptable to send work currently under submission.
- Submission ms. must be typed, double-spaced and 12 pt. On the first page of the manuscript, applicants must provide the following:
- Top left side of page: Indicate application program (Fiction, Nonfiction, Memoir), and indicate what you are submitting (novel chapter(s), story or stories, essay or essays, memoir chapter(s), nonfiction book chapter(s), etc.)
- Top center of page: Word count for submitted manuscript. (Submission ms.,excluding synopsis, must be less than 5,000 words.)
- Top right side of page: Your name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. (Please use your actual name, not the name you write under.)
- Attach a digital file (PDF or Word.doc) of your submission ms. to the online application form. Digital files will be deleted after workshops.
- If applying in more than one category, please send separate applications and submissions, including application fees.
- Those who require financial aid to attend should request it in the application form. Please see our Financial Aid page for more information.
- A $40 reading fee will be due with submission.
- Pay online with a credit card
- Or pay with a check payable to Community of Writers.
Mail to: Community of Writers – WW
PO Box 1416
Nevada City, CA 95959
- Once you complete the online form, you will receive an email confirmation.
- Notification of acceptance by May 10, 2019.