RETURNING POET LOTTERY PROCEDURES:
Dear Alumni Poets,
The important thing about the community is that it is a community. We know that the friendships that are begun in the program, and the workshops and reading groups formed out of these friendships, are a very important part of the ethos of Squaw Valley, so we hope we can make this new Returning Poet Lottery with this new every-third-year system work.
If you would like to attend the workshops again, we are delighted and encourage you to do so. We have had to institute a few new requirements:
(1) Please wait out two sessions before reapplying
(2) We can no longer guarantee entry the following year to those who entered but are not selected.
(3) If you enter the lottery and are not selected two years in a row, you are guaranteed admittance the third consecutive year entered.
(4) Alums from Writing the Medical Experience or Art of the Wild are not eligible unless you also attended the Poetry Workshop at the Community of Writers.
If you would like to enter the lottery for summer 2018, please complete the online Application Form, (below) indicate you are a returnee and send in your deposit of $700* by the application deadline. If selected, this deposit will be applied to the $1150 tuition this summer and will reduce the amount due by that amount.
- Online deposit payments are subject to a 3.25% service charge, and will be immediately deposited into our account. If you are not selected, your online payment will be refunded, including fees.
- If you decided to mail in a check for your deposit, your check will only be deposited if you are selected; if you are not selected, your check will be shredded. Please sure the Nevada City address, below. Make check out to Squaw Valley Community of Writers and put “Poet Lottery” on the memo line of the check.
Community of Writers
Returning Poet Lottery
PO Box 1416
Nevada City, CA 95959
Deadline: March 28, 2018.